Figure 27. Mill bottle invented by Dr. Hugh R. Mill of the Scottish Marine Station in 1884. This bottle was modified from the design of the Meyer bottle and fitted with a rubber disc to enhance its water-tightness. It also was fitte d with an automatic closing device and became known as the Mill self-locking water bottle. Left: descending. Right: ascending.
Photo Category: Oceanography - Historical instruments
|414 x 640||25.36 KB|
|828 x 1280||114.02 KB|
|1422 x 2199||340.95 KB|
|Added On||18th October 2015|